Small Group Study
Thank you for showing interest in our Small Group Study. We are currently working on it and will update this page when more information is available. If you would like to be contacted when it is ready, we encourage you to sign up for our Thinker Updates.
In the meantime feel free to use these Panel Discussion Questions to get a conversation started.
- Why is it important to you, or society as a whole, to know that the stories of the Bible are True?
- What is the significance of the Exodus event? How does the Exodus story relate to us today?
- Does it matter to you personally whether or not the Bible is a book of true history or a book of meaning?
- Why is the timeline so important in the story of the Exodus? Do you think that archeologists would ever consider adjusting the timeline and why?
- A number of commentators in the film simply say that the Exodus story is a myth. This is the huge question for a lot of Christians and people who are not Christians. Do you have to believe everything in the Bible literally? Why is it not just good enough to say “It’s a story”? Is there any different level of faith if you take the Bible literally or figuratively?
- Was there a specific moment in the film that really surprised you?
- Why does the Bible have less credibility than other ancient texts in the eyes of many?
- Tim Mahoney structured the film around the six major steps of the Exodus story. What did you think of the approach and the pattern of evidence?
- One of the main historians that Tim Mahoney went to was agnostic and yet he is laying it out for all of us to see. How do you reason with that in your mind?
- How did this film affect you personally?